My rabbit girl died today

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Just a few hours ago I went into my room, to get cat food and to check on my rabbit, Blossom. She looked odd and her face was buried in some bedding and newspaper. I shook the cage and she looked completely stiff. My heart dropped. I finally gathered up courage to touch her and then she fell over and I realized she was still alive. She couldn't get back up and was in obvious pain and discomfort. I ran in my mom's room and woke her up to come to Blossom. We took her out and knew she wasn't go to be with us much longer. She was gasping for breath and looked like she was convulsing a bit and losing energy. Then she just started opening and closing her mouth like she couldn't breathe anymore. I wrapped her in a towel and sat on my bed with her while my mom went to call my cousin to dig a grave for her up on the hill.
I just held her and cried and told her how much I loved her and how special she was to me. How I hoped I gave her a wonderful life and how much I was sorry for what was happening to her. I kissed her head a few more times and rocked her back and forth. Then she was gone.
We put her in a blue box that was just the right size for her. We buried her in her timothy hay which she loved. I put a note in her box telling her I loved her and that I will always remember her.
We just buried her next to Rosie. Picking up rocks to out around her grave and putting her box into the ground was so hard.
I miss her so much. It was so hard coming back to an empty cage and my room scattered with her supplies.
I took a few poor quality pictures of her but I never got a chance to do the photo shoot I had planned.
My heart is filled with regret of everything I had wish I had done for her but I couldn't. I wished I had spent as much time as possible with her on her last few days, I am just to the rim with wishes that I am trying to put behind me instead of focusing on them.
I needed to come to Chaz and talk about her. I know not all of you have ever had a rabbit, but I also know that here we know a pet is not 'just a pet" to the people who love them and care for them so deeply.
RIP Blossom. I will miss everything about you.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))) :( more ((((((((((hugs))))))))))

I am deeply sorry, sis. I know I never met Blossom, but you've talked about her and I am in tears over this...I know how much you loved her.

Last edited:

Saje

Island dweller
I'm so sorry. Rabbits are such special pets to have. I'm sure you gave her a wonderful life.

im sooo sooo sorry to hear that i had an amazing rabbit in my live for a good 5 years i just lost him about 3 years ago but every time i think of him i cry. he was more like a dog than a rabbit. and to think nobody wanted him. he grew up in the pet store and since i go in there at least twice a week i seen him grow too. and when i finally brought him home he "flopped"(laid down on his side) right against me. i knew he trusted me right then and there. oh god this is hard to write. i definatley know how you feel. again so sorry to hear that

Doberluv

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can imagine how you loved her. Such sweet little animals. You gave her a good life. Don't let yourself think like that....that you could have done this or that. I'm sure you gave her a fine life. RIP little Blossom.

Kase

Virginia I'm so sorry for your loss, rabbits are such wonderful creatures and I know you gave her a brilliant life, RIP Blossom. (((HUGS)))

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Thak you so much, guys. Your kind words mean so much to me.

bogolove

I am so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS))) You gave her a great home and a great life. She was very lucky and I am sure thankful to have you in her life.

LoveMyKees

Love My KEEShond
I'm so sorry Virginia ((((HUGS)))). I know how hard it is to lose pets, its really terrible :(

R.I.P Blossom

I'm so so sorry for your loss!!!!!:( You gave her a wonderful life and you'll always remember her!!! RIP Blossom.:( ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((hugs))))))), I'm sure Blossom knew she was loved dearly. RIP little bunny Blossom.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I can't thank you guys enough for your support.
Here is something I made, and it shows some pictures of her. I wish I could have gotten to take clearer pictures when I got my new batteries but I'm happy I have something.

Members online