For BassetLover - and other New Marrieds

I got this in my e-mail from LadyHawke and I thougth you might like to share it with Serge ;)

"Wedding Advice"

At my granddaughter's wedding, the DJ polled the
guests to see who had been married longest. It
turned out to be my husband and I who had been.

The DJ asked us, "What advice would you give
to the newly-married couple?"

I said, "The three most important words in a marriage
are, 'You're probably right.'"

Everyone then looked at my husband. He said,
"She's probably right."

Sounds like someone had a smart Grandfather!

avenlee

HA! Funny. That way your not actually admitting their right and YOUR wrong, but ... probably THEY'RE right. Good advice ... I usually pick my battles. I realize what's important enough to make a fuss at .. otherwise I'm like "ehhh, whatever" and blow it off. In 17 years I've had alot of "ehhh's" lol and alot of "darn you's" :eek:

LOL! Good work, Avenlee. Everyone (read that everyMAN) who knows me understands that when they hear me mutter "what do I know, I'm just a stupid woman" it's time to back up and re-check their thinking. I usually mutter it just before whatever I've predicted will happen - happens!

Charley actually listens to me (most of the time), so he has fun watching when it happens . . .

bubbatd

Tom said that he was wrong once............... he thought he was wrong about something, but he was right .

avenlee

LMAO When me and Tony would get into a big fight (early years) he would so nonchalauntly(sp. check?) make his way around the apartment to shut the windows so the neighbors wouldn't hear me screaming. Just picture him with the window behind him and trying so desparately to shut the window so I won't notice. What did he think, I had 'stupid' plastered across my forehead. That used to make me even more mad. Of course it was over something stupid and I've learned to be the master of 'misunderstandings' lol

Members online

No members online now.