Shampoop

What do you use? Do you use foo-foo dog shampoo or just regular people stuff?

JTWD is a rottweiler-type-coated dog. What's a good mutt-wash product?

FWIW I don't need a flea formula...just regular maintanence wash.

Also, how often do you give the doggay a bath?

Baby shampoo is really a pretty good one for a dog if you don't need a flea shampoo, and you can use a little creme rinse afterward. It primarily makes sure all the soap residue is gone.

Give her a bath when she stinks, man! You shouldn't have to bathe her very often. Even if she gets out and gets muddy, just rinse her off; save the hardcore bath for times that she just stinks or she's scratching more than occasionally.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I use my shampoo and conditioner on Ripley. I tried dog shampoos and they made his coat heavy and greasy.
Dakota hasn't been really bathed yet, but I'm going to buy some gentle oatmeal shampoo to start out with..

bogolove

I stil use puppy shampoo on Brady even though he is 11 months old. But I will admit it is the same bottle I have had for a few months. I bathe him when he stinks. If he is muddy, I do usually just rinse him off. You would think for a dog that has such a white/tan coat he would look dirty all the time, but for some reason his coat does not hold dirt. I do brush him a lot and he loves that. His coat looks freshly cleaned after every brushing. I had him professionally cleaned once this year (that sounds like he is a carpet or something) but it was expensive for his size and he is such a good boy for the bath that it is easy for my husband and I to do it ourselves. He usually just rinses off in his girlfriend's (the dog a few doors down) little blue plastic pool.

I'm fortunate that my neighbor has a big pond and Josie loves to swim. Once she gets her ID tag in the mail, I'll feel better about taking her off leash to swim.

I was only asking because I need to get something for her. I don't think my marraige will survive using the wife's Chamomille Extract shampoo on the dog. :D

RD

Are you dead yet?
LOL I think my mom would kill me if I used her $35/bottle shampoo on my dog.. (I have NO idea why she spends so much money on soap for her hair, but, yeah, ok, whatever.. :rolleyes: ) For my big dog, who has a lot of hair and uses a lot of shampoo, I either buy a concentrated shampoo from a grooming supply catalog or I buy a cheaper baby shampoo and dilute it a bit, to make it go farther. (He seriously needs an entire bottle of shampoo on him to get a good lather going. diluting it gets maybe two washes out of a whole bottle)

Members online