Murphy has arrived

Jazzie

Picked up my baby at 10 weeks old on Saturday.He is just so adorable! No mess inside the house at all,he has asked each time h e wants to go out and takes himself if the door is open.I have never had such a good puppy,now i know its early days and it could change but am keeping fingers and toes crossed.He starts his first puppy class in a couple of weeks time after all his vacinations are finished.

Kerry

That's great, Kerry! Now, get some photos up, PLEASE, PLEASE! I'm waiting so impatiently to see those Bearded Collie puppy pics.

You may be surprised. Jazzie may continue going outside all on his own. Our Buffy, the first Fila we had, and Bimmer both did the same thing. Never had a single accident in the house. I could understand it with Bimmer, being part wolf, but with Buffy, well, silly me - I thought it would be something that went with the breed. Nope, had to house train Shiva and Kharma, although Kharma was very quick and easy. Shiva had to sleep in the laundry room for a few weeks until she got the idea, but Kharma only had a problem for the first few nights.

It will be interesting to see at what age Jazzie's desire to herd asserts itself. Is he from working lines?

Jazzie

Oh i so hope you are right about being clean.....that really would be something.
His mother is from working lines but the father isn't,he is more from a show background.We met both parents and they have great personalities and very friendly.Murphy seems the same,very easy going.
I am hoping to do agility with him when he gets older to keep him busy,as i think he will need to keep active.....will do me good as well.LOL
I was going to post a picture but am a bit stupid with things like that,might work it out eventually.(At the bottom the page is says that i am unable to attach stuff,so i guess no pictures :( )

Kerry

Oh, pictures are easy here. Go to the top of the page and switch over to the Picture Gallery. Then look for the phrase "upload photos," click on it and just follow your nose. The only thing I had a problem with the first time was figuring out how to get the Photo Suite to size the picture properly.

Kharma's from working lines, but Shiva's father was a show dog imported from Brazil. Shiva is much more tractable and really hasn't shown any Fila temperament yet - even at a year old. Evidently some of the Brazilian show breeders are breeding 'down' the temperament and also losing a lot of the drive to work. Kharma is from strong working and temperament lines and you can really see the difference. She's just driven to herd - a real drover. Now that Kharma's herding, and of course Bimmer, Shiva's picking it up, too.

It's going to be fun for you to do agility with a big, hairy Beast like Jazzie's going to be! I've actually thought about trying it with the Filas, but Shiva's idea of confronting obstacles is just to plow them right out of the way! Kharma's idea is to get Shiva to plow them out of the way, then go through! Bimmer's (GSD/wolf mix) idea is to just fly over it, frighten it away, or avoid it entirely. If there's ever a competition that involves running along the ceiling beams of a barn, though, he's got that covered! :D

Members online

No members online now.