Whats ur favorite dog?

poeluvr

What is everyones favorite dog? If you have a mutt whats your favorite mutt?
(I know they're all cute but if you had to pick!!)

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I would have to pick my mutt!!! He's a White GSD X Rhodesian Ridgeback!! ANd I love him very very much!! :D

poeluvr

i have always liked those teeny tiny dogs. I would pick now my dog which is a jck/pom mix. though if i had to pick disincluding mine, it would be the chihuahua. Though i would never get one, they are a lot of money, at my house it would get trampled to death

Irish

My Bear is chow/shepard mix and I have to say he is my fave! He has the best traits from each breed. He has the coloring of a black and tan shepard but has the downy soft fur of the chow. His personality is fantastic too, just a sweetheart. If I saw another chow/shepard mix I'd take him in a minute!

My other favorite is the collie, I never got over my love for Lassie!

poeluvr

not meaning your dog...but i heard that chow chows can be aggressive is this true?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i couldn't pick an absolute favorite..but high on my list..labradors, golden retrievers, pointers, shepards, dobermans..mix of any of those..all the way down to mutt mutts..but Picky stands out as the best mix (not cross i have ever had,,she was my heart dog as a child) she should be the poster child for why a mutt is as valuable as a blue ribbon pedigree.. she is in the pic of the stinky dink story and here she is again..

Attachments

Irish

Lea - Chows do have a reputation but is mostly because they are so fiercely loyal to their family and their home, so apparently if they were to be aggressive it would be to someone they saw as a threat. I guess the same could be said for a lot of different breeds.

i have a passion for bassets.but ive never been a one breed person, i love most breeds for different reasons, i love the rottweiler for their handsome, prince charming looks, the greyhound for their kind sweet faces and nature. the jack russell for their sense of humour and antics and the german shepherd for their proud and dutiful ways.
my list can go on for about 3 pages but id defenately pick the basset as fav with the jrt close second

Hmmm....my favorite breeds of dogs are: Any type of Mastiff, Pit Bulls, Rotties, Pharoah Hounds, Boxers.....I could go on and on and on. lol I pretty much like all of the working breeds and most of the sighthounds. And then there are the mutts. :D They are the bestest! lol If I could pick a spesific mutt, it would be Blackie, a Lab/Rottie mix. He has the best of both breeds! (Rose is cool too, but she doesn't act like the breeds she has in her. She acts like a Ibizan Hound. lol)

If I could only have one kind of dog for the rest of my life, I'd have to go with an old fashioned farm-bred German Shepherd.

As far as a mutt goes, I guess I'd have to go with one like Bear, the German Shepherd/Akita mix I had for years.

Saje

Island dweller
Why doesn't anyone ever pick Newfies? They RESCUE people. :rolleyes:

I can't pick one. I love all my dogs. I guess I'll pick the newfie. Mav is really special.

I have a true place in my heart for Newfies. My dad had one when my brother and I where kids. Weekends when we got to see dad we got to sleep on the water bed and dad and the stepmom slep somewhere else Im not sure where. Dad used the dogs to wake us up, imagine a newfie and a cockapoo jumping onto a water bed with a 3 and 4 year old sleeping.

Roscoe was a great dog even into his old age. My brother swears this didnt happen but I remember standing on the porch when dad lived in the Appalachians and having Roscoe walk sideways into us, pinning us against the house so all we could do was pet him.

Ever see a 120 pound dog at least 15' up a tree? Dad swears he was over 180 at some point.

I swear that dog rememberred us from when we where 4 and 5 living in Alaska skipping forward to 8 and 9 visiting dad in the Apps in NC.

Long story short my favorite dog, Bluedawg. Favorite breed Newfs.

bogolove

Saje said:
Why doesn't anyone ever pick Newfies? They RESCUE people. :rolleyes:

I can't pick one. I love all my dogs. I guess I'll pick the newfie. Mav is really special.

I was going to put a Newfie in with my list, Saje. Don't you worry, you have one big Newfie fan here!

So my fav's are:

NEWFOUNDLANDS
Bernese Mountain Dog
German Shepherd
Greater Swiss Mountain Dog
Anatolian Shepherd
Maremma Sheepdog

I have more but I figured that was a pretty good list to start!

Members online

No members online now.