Poop Issues >.>

umm...i wasnt sure where to put this...and this is kinda weird + embarassing to say but...

when i dont clean up after my dog right away, he sometimes drags his ...excrements...around the house and sometimes eats it ._____.

im not sure how to make him stop >_____<
do you guys have any ideas?

bubbatd

How old is he ??? Maybe he wants to take it outside, to show you where he should be going..... let us know more.

he's about...1 year old now...

he's a teacup chihuahua..and ummm...

he's trained to go in a certain place...

is there any other info i should give out?

well...we set up this tray thingie in the kitchen...
and i have a pretty big kitchen...so he has lots of space to drag things >.>;;

oh btw i have a fence kind of thing so he can only run around the kitchen

candy722

Maybe his bother and plays with it. IT's funny because TOki did that for the first time last week. He ate his own poop. I was wondering where that smell was coming from then found out when he tried to lick me. Yuck just thinking about it almost made me throw up.

Why is he pooping in his living area? I would change the area that he's supposed to go to be somewhere that he doesn't play; like outside?

Also make sure he's not playing with his poop because he's bored. I assume he's confined to the kitchen only when you're gone? When you leave, make sure and stock that area with fun toys and dog games for him to play with. Then when you return you can remove the toys again so that they are only out when he's going to be left along and most likely to become bored. You could hide treats as well.

Finally make sure you're feeding him a high quality food so that he's not wanting to eat his poop because he's feeling like he's nutritionally missing something.

bubbatd

Being in the kitchen where food is prepared and served, maybe he thinks he's serving himself from the tray.........

lol no no you guys...i kinda made a mistake calling it a kitchen...it's like a kitchen + dinner table + hallway all connected >.>;; (that's how it lines up...starting from left to right)

the tray where he...relieves himself...is in the kitchen...
his bed is like in the hallway...and he pretty much just lazes around near the dinner table or the hallway...
oh btw his food tray is near his bed

only time i see him come near his tray is when im in the kitchen doing something or when he needs to go...

i hope this kinda makes my problem more specific ^______^;;

I would say the same advice still applies that I posted above.

Also make sure you're not leaving food down for him at all times. If you're feeding him twice a day at specific times you'll know better about when he will be needing to go to the bathroom and can pick it up right afterwards. Leaving food down all the time can also lead to behavior problems, so it's a good idea to restrict feeding times anyways (if you're not already doing so).

Members online

No members online now.