Can you tell? *pic*

iluvdogs

That Trixie don't like it here?..This is what I came home to after work.

She got into my sisters room also

Shes trying to get out :(...I REALLY hope shes going to get use to it here, I don't know why she does that?..At our old place she would be fine staying home alone, she don't do anything at all!!

Maybe this long weekend will help her out...I HOPE

RD

Are you dead yet?
OMG . . . Be careful with letting her run loose while she's new to the place. Next time she could hurt herself in addition to destroying your stuff.

Do you have a crate for her?

F

fastpitchchic

A move is very stressful for dogs. It's possible that your pup has developed seperation anxiety. I've heard that it makes it easier for dogs to settle in if they are either crated or secured in one room while your gone. From the looks of it, Trixie might be better off crated until she gets used to being in her new surroundings.

iluvdogs

I was thinking that, but shes 3 y/o and shes never been in a crate at all...So I dont think that will go to well?

When I get home from work ( like now )..Shes just sleeping in my room on my bed..So maybe I could lock her up in my room till I get home??

F

fastpitchchic

Dakota my 8yr old was never crate trained...when I got her after my mom passed I crate trained her. She had no problems with the training at all. I would try and see how it goes, it would be much safer for Trixie. She definately could tear your room up if left alone.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Hmm. Then I'd work on crate training, though I wouldn't leave her in the crate immediately when you go to work. That's pretty stressful for a dog that's never experienced it before. But honestly you never know, she might calm down when she's in the crate. Try letting her go in it on her own, and then introduce it to her at night. Treat it like a bed.

Can you dog-proof a room in your house? For example I use a bathroom (child-proof locks on the drawers and cupboards, since my brat likes to open them) and the laundry room for my dog when I'm going to be gone more than a few hours. Both rooms are big enough for him to stay in all day, and safe if he gets bored and decides to snoop around. I can't leave him in my bedroom because he WILL get into stuff, and I have a lot of electronics in here.

Could be that she's just bored, too. If you keep her in a room, give her a bunch of toys and hide treats under rugs, in corners, behind her bowls etc.

Muggie'sMum

Mistress Wigglebutt
I second the crate training or confining her to a laundry room. Not only could she hurt yourself, but it's going to get pretty costly!!! My dane shreds my bed sometimes... she's 11 so I don't have the heart to lock her out of my room because she so loves sleeping on my bed, but I go through a foam egg carton thing about once a week and new sheets probably once a month. It's not cheap!

As for the crate training, convince her it's her safe place - we feed our pups in their crates, so when it's time for us to leave for work, go to sleep, etc, we say "Time for bed!" and they crash merrily into their crates.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Aww, poor Trixie :(

I would try confining her to an empty room (like the bathroom or laundry room), or get a crate. Not only can she continue to wreck your stuff, but she could hurt herself as well if she continues to do that :(

Members online

No members online now.