Darn it! My dog hurt his leg

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Red jumped to the top bunk in the girls room and jumped down and hurt his leg:(
Not sure how bad it is he is limping pretty good on it. When I try moving things and poking nothing seems to bother him its weird. Checked his pads and all seems fine there. Made an appointment with the vet next thursday is the earliest but they said it doesnt sound like anything is broke and told me to keep him "quiet" HA HA! So Red gets the crate:D Oh goody I cant wait to hear him whine and whimper cause I am such a mean mommy:rolleyes:

Is the shoulder rotating normally? Hear any odd noises, like it's a bit out of place? Or possibly one or more of the little foot or ankle bones got jolted out of place a bit.

Or he could have just hurt it a bit temporarily, then decided he likes the attention so he's milking it . . . ;)

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Renee750il said:
Is the shoulder rotating normally? Hear any odd noises, like it's a bit out of place? Or possibly one or more of the little foot or ankle bones got jolted out of place a bit.

Or he could have just hurt it a bit temporarily, then decided he likes the attention so he's milking it . . . ;)
LMAO!! He isnt milking it yet. I dont hear anything grinding or popping I am thinking he strained or tore something. I hope it isnt torn:( We will find out next week as long as it doesnt get any worse than it is now otherwise he will go in right away!

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Gonzo just broke his toe, so I know what you're going through =( Poor Red! I truly empathize with just how hard it is to keep an active dog "quiet" for weeks... OMGahh. It's just as painful for me as it is for him, I cannot take him running or to the park like we do every day. Good luck trying to keep Red still, until he is looked at by the Vet.

Have you checked each of his toes? Squeeze each toe, even past the knuckle, and manipulate them and listen for whining. I hope it's just a little owie, not any kind of tear or sprain!

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
ihartgonzo said:
Gonzo just broke his toe, so I know what you're going through =( Poor Red! I truly empathize with just how hard it is to keep an active dog "quiet" for weeks... OMGahh. It's just as painful for me as it is for him, I cannot take him running or to the park like we do every day. Good luck trying to keep Red still, until he is looked at by the Vet.

Have you checked each of his toes? Squeeze each toe, even past the knuckle, and manipulate them and listen for whining. I hope it's just a little owie, not any kind of tear or sprain!
I have poked squeezed and prodded...He just looks at me like why are you doing that? No signs of pain. Thats why I believe its either soft tissue or tendon.
Darn dog!

L

LabBreeder

If Red is like Tira (a typical Lab :) ) he may not show the pain after the initial boo-boo. I guess what I'm saying is - he'll limp when HE'S walking and using it, but when YOU mess with it he doesn't do anything. Kind of like being at the vet and knowing you're supposed to stay still.
When Tira's face was swollen (after eating a penny) she'd paw at it like it was bothering her but when we started touching and looking at it she laid perfectly still and looked at us like "well? now what." LOL, it has to be a Lab thing.
I hope it's nothing to awfully bad and that Red recovers quickly.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Poor Red I had that everything is okay with your baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.