Fleas??

Lou

TJ has started to rub his face/head into the ground. I don't have carpeting, it's hardwood floor so i have no idea why he keeps doing that. He does the occasional scratching but dont' all dogs do that? he'll bury his face into the floor and just start rubbing!! What is that? Fleas? I don't have any preventative method for fleas yet .. what's the best? a flea collar?

MEG126

sometimes my golden scratches her head on the floor, but i think that's just because it itches and i always help her out and scratch it for her. lol- but we do have a flea treatment. we get frontline from the vet and it works really well! it comes in this little tube thingy and you just seperate the hair inbetween their collar bones so that it reaches the skin and squirt it all on there every month. i would definitely look into getting some kind of treatment so TJ isn't scratching and itching all summer! and since you aren't currently using one, i'd check for fleas and ticks regularly.

Debi

Addie always rubs her head on the floor when she come in. She doesn't have fleas, so I figure it just feels good. I noticed yesterday when I brought her in, I had to towel dry her entire body due to heavy rain and she seemed to love me rubbing the towel over her face. After that...she is fine. Maybe after being outside she just likes to 'clean' off her face.......too bad it's in my cream colored carpeting. :eek:

Debi, you might want to check out the carpet dyeing industry in your area! That carpet's not going to be cream colored for very long. (rofl) or should that be (rocl)?

Debi

OH....if only carpet out there came in the black/tan of Hammie...the white/grey of Addie....the many whites of the cat....mixed in with a 'natural' muddy look.....I'd be in Heaven. :D and let's not forget the color you get with the ole hairballs of the cat........eeeeeeewwwwwwww :eek:

Give it time, it'll end up being that color.

Have you tried adding a bit of cod liver oil to your cat's food? It will help with the hairballs, moving them through and out into the litter box instead of hacking them on the carpet. It's good for their coats, skin and joints as well, for your cats and dogs.

And you won't believe what it will do for your skin! You can get some that's flavored and not disgusting to take yourself. The dogs and cats like that disgusting fishy taste, though.

Members online