Guess who is back today

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I left the car door open while i ran in for my sketch pad before i took Aaron to the doc. When i ran back out guess who was sitting in my car. Yup..the splayed footed monsterdog. Butch. THere was no time because he had to go so i took him over to MOm's thinking he would stay in her back yard. Her fence is 8 ft on three sides and 12 on the other. I figured he would be fine for an hour or two. When i got back Mom said WANT TO HEAR ABOUT MY DAY? i said ohoh :(
first Butch dug under the fence (it has a wire and concrete base, no dog has ever done that before) and got out. Mom found him across the street visiting the neighbor's dog. She tried to haul him home and he did that anchor thing with his feet and wastn' about to budge. She didn't know what to do. She said and i qoute " he did something with his feet and i just couldn't move him at all!" Finally she opened the truck door in the drive and he got in. Her dogs were tearing down the front door, so with him in the truck she was able to go back out ot the truck to get Butch out. He wouldn't get out..he did that to me yesterday! So finally she was able to get him out of the truck, through the house, and tied to the back porch. SHe went down to see about the hole/tunnel. WHile she was doing that Butch got out of his new harness. She said she couldn't figure out how to get it back on him, so she sorta made it into a collar. I said i am on my way..sorry sorry sorry..she said she doens't want Butch to come back and visit anymore..

So now he is flopped down on the lion rug in the ac in my living room, happy with his new friends. Soon as Hyia gets home i got to take over..ohhhh i forgot a part. Shaffer and SAmmy both found the hole/tunnel and escaped into the wide world but came back for once like good dogs..but now need a bath for they ran through the poison ivy i am sure..
so when Hyia gets home i got to take some heavy rocks and bricks go down the 14 steps on my poor sore feet and block up the hole/tunnel.
Beefcake Butch was NOT a good boy today!

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
he has now been returned to his rightful family. They were trying to get his harness back on, and trying to figure out what to do. Logan's dad said Butch is taking his teeth and pulling the wire of the chainlink out somehow..and then doing something but i didn't hear exactly what. Mom said he bent her fence up so in an hour i got to see what to do about that. I noticed his head turned and followed my car with a steady gaze..i think he thinks..there goes the AC. Cant blame him, it is 90 degrees today.

Kase

Bless him, he really seems to have taken a shine to you. He seems VERY determined.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I guess the jealousy monster developed in Vic when i drove off with Butch to take him to his home (the highschool bus had just gone by) i left Victor in my bedroom. He chewed a 3-4 ft channel right down the middle of my mattress. why oh why is it so hard to try to be helpful and do the right thing. Vic hasn't done that since he chewed up that bed pillow a LONG time ago!:mad:

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh Smkie, Butch sounds like Max. In the Anatolian world we stay "he's a tree" because when he sits and doesn't want to move, he doesn't move and you can't make him.

Butch is reminding me of Bear. He'd root himself to the ground like that and there was no moving him. The only way to get him to move was to tell him WHY you wanted him to do something. Then, and only then, would he go along with the plan :D

Members online

No members online now.