i need sunshine on this cloudy day

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
here is what i had to do to earn my fm2...my ex stole my first one during the big Divorce
the man that ordered this was an owner of a Wolf Camera store..when i told him my tale of woe..he said he had one they weren't using and would consider a trade..he wanted all of his dogs in a bar scene..the first sketch..i liked best..but he said that he wanted me to back up and include a pool table..that table was more work than all to dogs put together. very hard to get a solid smooth field with acrylics..i didn't have this in my archives because all i had was a lazer scan and usually they get wobbly lines when you scan..i was just amazed that this didn't..Renee and Ct :D ..will send it to you for your collection
can you tell i spent a lot of time shooting pool?

Attachments

If Smkie's Nikon is set up like mine it's probably a bayonet mount. I think her zoom and mine are essentially the same, she's just got the one made by Tamron to fit the Nikon camera. Mine's the Nikon model lens. Tamron makes some top-notch lenses and they aren't as pricey as Nikon and Canon's lenses. Only reason I was able to get mine is being able to buy used from the people I know at the photo shop. And I did without a few things, lol!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
deffinately worth two days of squeeking a ball and filling out forms.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i'll post it bigger down in the art section..this is too little to see detail. Don't laugh..i don't know an asa from an fstop..have never taken off my lens and am afraid to try. I won in the finalist of Best of College Photography 1984 with the first roll out of my first fm2. I just know how it works from the inside...the minolta i could do the same thing. Figured i would take it to a camera store (needs cleaning anyway) and have them show me so i don't break anything. When bad ex stole mine i got a call from a camera store telling me they had my camera because my number and ss were etched on the bottom. Said if i showed them a stolen form i could come pick it up..there it was..right in the man's hand..but judge asked ex how much he sold it for and he said a hundred so that is what the judge awarded me.. couldn't even claim it. Took me 9 years to replace it. Bugger poured syrup in my piano too. See why i am single?

It's a wonder you're not a widow!

Judge should've made him return the $100 to the buyer and returned the camera to you.

I had a little Minolta I liked, too. My Mom let my sister take it to college with her, and sis decided it wasn't fancy enough, so she lost it. She knew mom would get it replaced with whatever sis wanted . . . she got a fancy new Nikon and I had no camera at all - just had to use the little point and shoot instamatic POS mom liked. Sis even managed to mess up the marvelous old ContaFlex that belonged to my dad. Now that camera took some gorgeous photos. I'd love to get it reconditioned.

darkchild16

We are Home.
i so smart lol. my grandpa taught me everything a bout photography i even know how to develop pictures. smkie you want me to send you something on asa and fstop? i can get my mom or grandpa to email it to me or find it online. i do love that pic smkie. ya i see why your single although if you met someone like john im pretty sure that would change. geuss what.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He knows not what thoughts i had! One day will replace the piano too! Lets see..been 15 years now. Was a good wife too..just mad because i left and wouldn't take the drinking anymore.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
old and set in my ways now..don't know anybody that wants all my family to go with it...thats ok..cept i miss Jim. Died April 27 two years ago. We had 12 years together. He was my big guy...called me little lady. I liked that.

Members online

No members online now.