DISGUSTING listening on eBay

T

tessa_s212

scob89 said:
OK So this is my point, A wife is selling the use of her husbans head, and another guy it selling the use of his dog. Sounds almost the same.
No, it is completely different because of the fact that "selling his head" is going to somehow HELP somebody. Selling this dog as a stud over ebay will only DAMAGE the breed. It will only encourage more BYBs and puppy millers. It will only create more health problems in the doberman breed. Nothing good will come of this.

Selkhet

Den Mother
scob89 said:
OK So this is my point, A wife is selling the use of her husbans head, and another guy it selling the use of his dog. Sounds almost the same.
It's not about selling breeding rights (stud fee) it's about the promotion of "backyard breeding" - the breeding of pet dogs to other pet dogs for money.

Breed standards didn't get to where they are today by casual pairings with other "nice-looking" dogs without the medical clearances and pedigree to continue healthy bloodlines. It's very offensive to those people who are responsible breeders, because it undermines everything they have been trying to do, which is preserve the high quality genes of the breed.

I wrote and asked him about background and testing. I'm sure there are lots of other questions to ask, but anyway, here's his response:

hi.
he is extremely intelligent, obedient, and can be trained work methods very easily. he has been a rabbit dog and would return baby bunnies to me un-harmed in his mouth so he can be very gentle but at the same time very defensive. he has his blue papers and is ready for breeding and to have the litter registered. he has not been vw tested or hip scored but has had no illness since the day he was born nor shown any signs of sickness or defects. he is a strong recessive gene for a good colour mixture of pups.
thanks for the questions i hope this has been of some help
kind regards
justin

One other thing. Ebay will not ban or lock an account for people asking questions. I don't know where he got his information, but that's an empty threat.

Last edited:

bubbatd

As far as the ??? concerning " a following " ... I never had to advertise for a mate, nor for buyers of a litter. Having bred for so many years, requests came in from at least 5 state. Word of mouth from happy owners. All he had to do is tell his vet his dog was up for stud... if he was that great, the word would have gotten out. When I first came here, my new vet asked if I would be interested to use Bubba as a stud. I said sure if the dam was of his approval and had all the checks. ( I would have been interested in keeping a female at that point ). The dam hadn't be hip checked yet and her OFA came back questionable. I didn't take the chance.

rottnpagan

Rottweiler Queen
backyard dobe breeder on ebay said:
hi.
he is extremely intelligent, obedient, and can be trained work methods very easily. he has been a rabbit dog and would return baby bunnies to me un-harmed in his mouth so he can be very gentle but at the same time very defensive. he has his blue papers and is ready for breeding and to have the litter registered. he has not been vw tested or hip scored but has had no illness since the day he was born nor shown any signs of sickness or defects. he is a strong recessive gene for a good colour mixture of pups.
thanks for the questions i hope this has been of some help
kind regards
justin
Oh. Well. That's different then. Who needs genetic testing for diseases and nonsense when he's a PROVEN rabbit dog who brings back bunnies!!

jess2416

Who woulda thought
rottnpagan said:
Oh. Well. That's different then. Who needs genetic testing for diseases and nonsense when he's a PROVEN rabbit dog who brings back bunnies!!
LOL :D dont forget it was baby bunnies and he brought them back unharmed and I am sorry if this is a dumb question but "What are blue papers?"

rottnpagan

Rottweiler Queen
jess2416 said:
LOL :D dont forget it was baby bunnies and he brought them back unharmed and I am sorry if this is a dumb question but "What are blue papers?"
LOL!!

I think the 'blue papers' refers to the registration paper colour. In rottweilers, there can be 'pink' papered dogs out of Germany, in which both parents and the parent's parents are all Ch dogs.

rottnpagan

Rottweiler Queen
makenzie71 said:
this is confusing...the site I listed earlier states brown is an accepted AKC color (breedersclub is a legit web-resource)...but AKC's site says otherwise...there's all kinds of online contradictions on reputable sites.
Breedersclub is not a legit source for anything, IMO. I checked them out, and looked at the rottweiler section. They're breed standard says:
Weight: 90 - 160 lbs
UGH! No way.

IMO, a GOOD breeder doesn't advertise. The dogs they produce advertise for them.

IliamnasQuest

Loves off-leash training!
This guy is in Australia, so nothing from AKC would apply to him. Maybe they do call them "brown" dobermans in Australia. I'm also not sure if docking and cropping of ears is done in Australia like it is in the U.S. But regardless, he's doing this in order to make money only. The beginning bid of $800 AU is about $575 U.S.

The problem I have with this is that it's an unproven, untested dog that is being promoted as a "top quality" dog that will produce "top-quality" litters. He's also willing to allow his dog to breed to any bitch regardless of quality. There is no care taken to limit diseases (including transmittable diseases between dog and bitch, such as brucellosis) nor is there any professional assessment as to the worth of the dog. He is simply half-a-puppy-mill, providing sperm to other half-a-puppy-mill types.

I don't think that advertising makes someone a bad breeder. What makes them a bad breeder is breeding indiscriminately with no concern as to genetic health problems, temperament problems, proving of the dog's conformation, intelligence and workable instincts. A good breeder also looks into the bloodlines, chooses bitches to complement the male in an attempt to make good traits stronger and to weaken bad traits. And they don't sell pups without a great deal of information and assessment of the potential owners.

You just can't advertise on ebay if you're a good breeder because it takes too much of the control away from you. If he truly had a good dog, people would know it because they would have seen it at shows while he was proving his worth in the competition rings. This guy is just wanting to make money and couldn't care less about the quality of the offspring.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska

rottnpagan

Rottweiler Queen
IliamnasQuest said:
This guy is in Australia, so nothing from AKC would apply to him. Maybe they do call them "brown" dobermans in Australia. I'm also not sure if docking and cropping of ears is done in Australia like it is in the U.S. But regardless, he's doing this in order to make money only. The beginning bid of $800 AU is about $575 U.S.
Docking and cropping are banned in Australia, I believe. Also, the listing states that this dog comes from a line of US champions as well, so AKC papers could very well play into it here. I don't live in the US, but see alot of AKC registrations.

Meggie

The thing that some of you have missed is that this guy isn't a breeder at all. He's a guy with a dog that he deems "good enough" and he's using that dog to make a statement AGAINST legitimate breeders and breed standards. Doesn't make him even a BYB, it makes him a jerk with an unneutered dog and an eBay account.

T

tessa_s212

Meggie said:
The thing that some of you have missed is that this guy isn't a breeder at all. He's a guy with a dog that he deems "good enough" and he's using that dog to make a statement AGAINST legitimate breeders and breed standards. Doesn't make him even a BYB, it makes him a jerk with an unneutered dog and an eBay account.
If you breed a dog, regardles of responsibility or experience, you *are* a breeder, whether that be an excellent or very poor breeder.

Meggie

tessa_s212 said:
If you breed a dog, regardles of responsibility or experience, you *are* a breeder, whether that be an excellent or very poor breeder.
Yeah, I know, but the point I'm making is that a title gives him too much credit. He doesn't see himself as a breeder: "This listing is not intended for kennel breeders only regular pet owners like myself and is intended to give the ordianary pet owner of other nice dogs the opportunity to have top quality litters without all the contracts and rules breeders quite often attempt to impose on us." Why even have him be allowed the justification of a title? I don't know how he feels about his dog, but anybody who would use their dog to make a point like that isn't very high in my estimation. He doesn't care about the breed and he certainly doesn't give a rat's behind about the puppies.

He's making a point against legitimate breeders so on the flip side we could call him an Illegitimate Breeder?

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Quote from the Aus. Kennle club Dobermann breed standard:

Definite black, brown, blue or fawn (Isabella) only, with rust red markings. Markings to be sharply defined, appearing above each eye, on muzzle, throat and forechest, an all legs and feet and below tail. White markings of any kind highly undesirable.
I guess most of us were wrong me included. The colored doesnt make him stupid, just everything else.

Here's the lin for the breed standard, yes it's spelt with two "N"s

http://www.ankc.aust.com/doberman.html

There is a dog forum in Australia that is all over this guy. Here's the post: http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=59412&st=0

Apparently, "The dog is from very good breeding, was sold on limited register as a pet. Breeder did all the right checks and never suspected this person to do anything like it. At purchase time the buyer never indicated any interest in future breeding the dog etc.
Two of this dog brothers are well known show dogs and stud dogs, hence perhaps after finding that out this guy wants to make some money.
Its a good thing that he has put the starting bid at $800, thats a going rate for a stud - a Champion with progeny and health test not a limited register pet.

So far I have not seen a bid so thats another good thing.

I don't know if there is any chance of us educating the guy, the breeder tried to talk to him and got nowhere"

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
If the dog was legaly sold as a pet and a non breeding contract the breeder has the right to take the dog back.

Perhaps the breeder should be notified

JennSLK said:
If the dog was legally sold as a pet and a non breeding contract the breeder has the right to take the dog back.

Perhaps the breeder should be notified
I don't think so. The breeder cannot take the dog back unless there is a written contact specifying so. Jasmine was sold to me with Limited Registration, and the breeder cannot take her back. Limited Registration simply means that should she have pups, the litter cannot be registered.

Staff online

Members online