Need Help Posting Pictures

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
I keep trying to post a picture of the pups feeding (one of them being mine).

Anyway, I scanned this picture on to my computer, rotated it, put it on my desktop in a folder. Everytime I upload it, I don't see it. It's not there, but I uploaded it. Can somebody help me?

scob89

DILLIGAF?
It depends on where you are trying to upload it to. The picture could be too big If that is the case you need to resizethe pic.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
If you go to www.tinypic.com, click browse, put your file in there and then click host it, you'll get four options I think! And you pick the image (
) option, copy and paste it into your post. that's about it!

scob89

DILLIGAF?
I have never heard of that site before but it looks like they are automatacaily resized for you. I don't know why it won't let you post them.

You have to upload it to a site like photobucket (www.photobucket.com). Upload the picture and there'll be three boxes, one of them being the URL, one the IMG. Copy the IMG one and paste it in the message box here at Chazhound.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Been to both those sites, but here is the problem. It's not jpg or anything else like that because I scanned it on to my computer and it's not like a pic you get on the comp. It's hard to explain but it's not the picture format, anyone know how I can change that scanned pic into a like reg picture (jpg)???

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
If you let me know what sort of image it is (what three letters are after the image) I will let you know how to convert it! The other half is a computer programmer!! Lol!!

Saje

Island dweller
Open the pic and resave it. There should be an option for choosing the file type you save it as. Same as in word when you can choose to save it as various versions of word, text... it should work then

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
I did what you said, Saje and it's still an invalid format. There was only one other format to put it in and it was-- mdi.

Is there any other way to get it into an acceptable format. :confused:

Saje

Island dweller
Do you have another photo program to try it in?

You can email it to me and I'll do it in photoshop if you can't. I'll pm you my address.

scob89

DILLIGAF?
Just open it with Microsoft Paint and go to save as then choose the jpg format to save it in.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
In Paint you can only import .JPG .GIF .BMP files and you can only save as . GIF and .BMP! You will need something like Photoshop or alternatively go to www.download.com and there are many free image conversion packages.

scob89

DILLIGAF?
Sorry but thats not true in paint I can import every type of image and save in a lot of types. The pic shows what I can save it in. But this verson of paint only comes with Windows XP.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Oh ok! Don't have XP yet! Will have to get a new Laptop first! Saving up the pennies first!!

pic problems

you may need a image editor there are lots of programs free on the net
one is paintshop pro it will open the image and save as .jpg- so,
recap go to google.com type in free image editor and download program
may paintshop pro and then you will have it to use convert scann images to .jpg for this area...
kev
http://charlestonperio.com/mypetportraits.htm

Saje

Island dweller
lol! This thread is TWO years old. What made you want to bump it? What a blast from the past. :D

Members online

No members online now.