German Shepherd

dbucfan

gaddylovesdogs said:
I have a BC/GSD mix, who is mostly BC. However I have been around purebred GSDs, including a long-haired called Coke. He was a great dog though he could come off as aggressive towards those passing by. He loved his owners (though they made him live outdoors and he barked out of boredom due to this), and was simply a great dog. GSDs are such loyal, loving dogs, great for families because they are gentle with their family but good guard dogs.
we cant walk apollo without someone being afraid...he loves people sooo much but cant stand dogs. we really should have made him more sociable as a pup! i think most of peoples problem is his size...he is a very big shepherd compared to every other one i have seen...daddy was huge and mom was too...he was the runt!

dbucfan said:
we cant walk apollo without someone being afraid...he loves people sooo much but cant stand dogs. we really should have made him more sociable as a pup! i think most of peoples problem is his size...he is a very big shepherd compared to every other one i have seen...daddy was huge and mom was too...he was the runt!
I hate how GSDs are on so many banned breed lists. They are more likely to be dominant etc., but they're great dogs. So loyal and loving...simply a great breed. Your boy sounds so sweet.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
gaddylovesdogs said:
I hate how GSDs are on so many banned breed lists. They are more likely to be dominant etc., but they're great dogs. So loyal and loving...simply a great breed. Your boy sounds so sweet.
Any that's why I'm getting one! :) :)

Debi

Just throwing this in...my GSD, Hammie, is the sweetest most loving dog I've ever had.....which makes it so easy for me to absolutely adore him. Unlike Ms. Addie, who can be a little snippy at times and prefers her own territory outside...Ham can't get enough attention. I can do anything with him...I've never felt so secure with any dog. The best thing.....he truly adores me, too. He'll just sit anywhere I am and look at me.......I melt. LOL Everyone here knows that I did not properly socialize him......VERY bad. However, in my daily life it isn't a problem. I've just decided that when I have to take him into public, I'm putting a muzzle on......just to be sure he won't get excited and bite out of fear. I got him last Feb. and it was a brutal winter....we didn't get out much until April. I don't really have anywhere to just drive him to.....and we don't have people around. I know lots of people get upset with those 'excuses'....but that's just how it is for me. You will get your pup out and about, and you will really have the best dog in the world for your new pal. I'm excited for you!!! :D

When there was a discussion of having 'THE ONE' dog....he is mine. I don't know what I did without him. (I love Addie, too....she's just more of a 'daddy's' girl) :)

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
I know... But I just paid the breeder a down payment. He sent me pics of his GSD's and stuff... and news paper articles showing him and his dog, among other information about the dog's bloodline and such.

They're beautiful! The breeder has had 40 years experience! :eek:

nohea

Very Exciting Big Dog, I've got 2 GSD's, after their great grandpa passed (who was the love of my life, and my narc dog) I just couldn't get enough. They are incredibly intelligent, loyal and loving. So smart that they often know how to push you around if you're not careful, and oy do they love to talk! I'm sure it's been said already, but because of the dominant breed and their public stature, socialize, socialize, socialize.
Can't wait to see pictures!
And in case you haven't done it yet, the Monks of New Skete is the best book you can read!

Members online

No members online now.