What is the oddest breed you have ever seen?

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
The dogs you are refering to dixie is the Komondor or the puli they look very similar

I think the weirdest ones are the Lochen (not sure of spelling) with half of their hair gone and the other full

The Bedlington Terrier. They're cute, but at the same time they're ugly....so ugly they're cute LOL. Neopolitan Mastiffs are kind of funky looking to, but I love their looks. I'd love to own a Neo some day.

Do half breeds count? The oddest dog I ever saw was a German Shepard cross Corgi. It had the Neck, legs and body of a Corgi and Head, tail and colouring of a German shephard.

Also, what do you tell someone who is convinced that their dog is Half Alsation and Half German Shephard? :confused:

Last edited:
i would say xoloitzcuintli (mexican hairless) also i think the brussels griffon isnt very attractive, they remind me of gremlins! oh, and clumber spaniels look silly too!

malibui - i dont know what you would tell someone since thats the same breed, hah. where did they get that idea?

A whippet bull terrier cross. It looked like a tick. Big fat, terrier body and a skinny whippet head. I think a scottish deer hound would be the strangest pure breed i've seen. Strangest nature as well.

Giny

If it’s a dog that I’ve actually seen in real life then I’d have to say the oddest breed I’ve ever seen would be the Glen of Imaal Terrier. Not because they are a homely looking breed, in the contrary, they are quite strikingly beautiful. When I first saw one I thought it looked odd because they remind me of a Cairn Terrier on steroids. Huge strong dogs!

For and odd looking breed that I’ve only seen on TV or in pictures would be the Thai Ridgebacks. Primeval looking breed!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Dandie Dinmont Terriers. Bizarre looking little dogs, I just can't get used to them.

panzer426

cant remember the name of the dog, individual not a breed but I think surely someone here will know the dog I am talking about...it is about the size of a hamster, is pictured in a bunch of calendars and/or childrens books and looks like a stuffed toy. may not be famous in pictures today but for a while I couldnt go into a book/calendar store without seeing the little dogs picture. okay, now I am going to go crazy trying to think of it so someone please help me out here. it was something like fluffles, snuggles, puddles, crinkles...shoot, cant think of it.

Julie

I am back again.
panzer426 said:
cant remember the name of the dog, individual not a breed but I think surely someone here will know the dog I am talking about...it is about the size of a hamster, is pictured in a bunch of calendars and/or childrens books and looks like a stuffed toy. may not be famous in pictures today but for a while I couldnt go into a book/calendar store without seeing the little dogs picture. okay, now I am going to go crazy trying to think of it so someone please help me out here. it was something like fluffles, snuggles, puddles, crinkles...shoot, cant think of it.
I was just reading about this dog, is it Mr. Winkles?

i know what dog youre thinking of too! but i also cant think of what its called, is silly looking though.

and also, i agree with whoever said the dande dimont is silly looking, but i think its the haircut that does it. maybe it would sort of look normal if it had a different haircut.

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum
Probably the Komondor. Those cords are bizarre and never look comfortable (for the dog) to me.

Neapolitan Mastiff are fairly strange looking, but that's one of the reasons I adore them so much. :D

I think Chinese Crested's (hairless only) are weird too. Especially the ones that don't have much hair on them. I've seen some with short spikey looking hair on their heads...so very, very odd. (Love 'em though! :D )

Cass.

Members online

No members online now.