What a scare!!!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Tuesday our maine coon Tiny (4 years old) threw up a little food twice in the morning and then was completely out of it like someone gave him a tranquilizer. We called the vet and took him over. He was examined and the vet wanted to keep him for blood testing for his liver and kidneys. We were so scared. The vet couldn't tell us if he would make it or not. We left Tiny at the vet and both went home in tears just thinking the worst. We got a call 2 hours later saying his kidneys and liver were fine. The vet gave him antibiotics for his stomach and said we could take him home but to watch him and make sure he urinated to rule out any bladder problems. Thank God, Tiny did urinate and by Wednesday he was back to his usual self rubbing up against my face.

This experience just puts your life back into perspective. Our animals are our family and means so much to us. When the vet called to say Tiny was alright, my fiance cried on the phone. Carl has had Tiny since his was a kitten.

Take the time out today to hug your pets and show them how much they mean to you! Life goes by too quickly. Here's picture of Tiny

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am so glad for you that he is ok. I once lost Bronki for a few minutes (i had run into the school to sign my son in) and he jumped out of the window. I knew Ihad been careless. I promised him then and there that I would never be careless again, and I would never ever take him for granted. HE was my gift from God. Your cat is absolutely handsome!!!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Thank you. I also know what it's like when they hide and you think they're gone. It's the most horrible feeling in the world. All the pets are getting extra special attention right now.

Whew, Barb, that was quite a scare!

When I was in high school we lived in Wilmington, NC in a big old house in one of the old neighborhoods. There was a service alley in back, and the garage was at the back of the yard opening into the alley. One evening Mickey (Toy Terrier) and Purdue (First Shepherd) didn't come in when we called. The yard was fenced in and we were all terribly worried, but I was panicked. I stayed awake all night and had to go to school the next day still sick with worry over what had happened to my dogs. I went to the pay phone and called home between every class. Finally, before my 4th class, I found out my Mom had found the dogs. They had opened the walk-in door to the front work room of the garage hunting rats and managed to lock themselves in! They were so intent on their quarry that they didn't bark to let us know they were out there until they got good and hungry!

It's just a horrible, sinking feeling and it really does drive home the realization that every single moment with them is just too important to waste.

Mine are peacefully snoozing on the sofa; Bimmer's keeping Charley's feet warm . . . :)

Members online