Food forbidden?

ruth27

Would anyone have a run down of the types of food forbidden to feed our pups? Ive started mixing some vegees in my pups kibble and they've been so receptive to it so now I'm quite cautious of what I can or cannot give. Are there any vegees or fruits that I ultimately cannot give? I know chocolates are a no-no but what about a spoon of ice cream :p lol. How much of peanut butter can we give our pups? They just love it in their kongs!! :D Anyways, any advice or input will highly be appreciated. Thanks!

You've got most of it as far as I know; the only thing I would add is don't let them chew on apple cores or fruit pits. Apple seeds and some pits (peaches and apricots I know for sure, and would suspect nectarines and possibly plums too) have differing amounts of naturally occuring arsenic.

Keep putting the veggies in their food - it's really good for them, and how would we ever give pills to some dogs without peanut butter? (g)

I have also heard that onions & mushrooms are not good for them. I heard that mushrooms can cause seizures if given too much...I'm not sure how true that is though.

D

dogluver0403

ruth27 said:
Would anyone have a run down of the types of food forbidden to feed our pups? Ive started mixing some vegees in my pups kibble and they've been so receptive to it so now I'm quite cautious of what I can or cannot give. Are there any vegees or fruits that I ultimately cannot give? I know chocolates are a no-no but what about a spoon of ice cream :p lol. How much of peanut butter can we give our pups? They just love it in their kongs!! :D Anyways, any advice or input will highly be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi,
I don't think ice cream would hurt as long as it is not chocolate!

My big Bear dog loved ice cream! There was a little ice cream shop on the way to Gatlinburg that I would take him to and get him a cup. I fed it to him with a spoon slowly so he wouldn't get an ice cream headache. After a few stops there, the owner would give him free ice cream because so many people stopped to see the big dog eating ice cream - and bought ice cream themselves!

Members online

No members online now.