Bula is gone

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
Well everyone, I dont know that I will be posting anymore pictures of Bula. I don't know if I will be getting her back or not. She got out the other day, and now she is gone. I have been putting up pictures and flyers all over the neighborhood, and someone has taken them down. I think someone has her, and they don't want to give her back. I don't know what else to do. I have been so depressed since I lost her. I have walked around town for days with no luck at all. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do, I would really appreciate it.

Oh, Ti, how awful!

Take pictures with your name and how to contact you to all the vets' offices. Be sure to take a fairly recent one, along with a puppy picture to establish that you are Bula's real owner (having raised her from a little bit of a pup). Make sure they understand that there will be no questions asked; you just want your puppy back. It might be a long shot that a vet will turn in a client, but you never know. Also, go to the animal control office with the same photos. There's always a good chance Bula will try to run away and come home to you and they might see her, or even pick her up. Check back with them regularly. A good time to cruise the neighborhood is right after people will be coming home from work - and letting their dogs out.

Have you run an ad in your local paper with her picture?

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
I have put out pictures at stores, the post office, and mailboxes. I have even gone door to door asking people if they have seen her. I am going to put an ad in the paper first thing this morning. I really hope I find her. She was my baby.

Brattina88

Oh, how awful! I hope you find your baby soon!
Have you called all of the shelters, pounds, and vets in the area? Depending on where you live and how your neighborhood operates try calling the police to. Some people don't know what to do if they've found a dog and call the police. They may or may not file a report on there findings. Putting an add in the paper is a good idea - some people find the dog and keep an eye out in the paper, but if they see nothing they'll keep the dog or rehome it. Hopefully a friendly person is harboring your dog and just hasn't seen that you are looking for her yet...
Best of Luck!

I went through this about 25 years ago. My escape artist Yellow Lab got out somehow, and just dissapeared! I put the word out around the neighborhod to all the kids that whoever finds him got 50 bucks. They looked frantically, but no Joe. After a couple of days, I began checking the pound every day (they had him before and denied having a yellow lab when I called them!) and not a sign of him. I was a mess, wondering what happened to him. There were two major roads and it was summer, and 110 degrees out in Las Vegas. My other dog whined 24/7 and wasn't eating much.

I put an ad in the paper, not hoping for much at all, but the first day it's in there, the ad above it says "Found- Large Yellow Lab, very friendly" It's two blocks away! I call them and ask them if he has a tattoo in his left ear, she looks and says "JR38". It was him! He had been at that house the whole time, and somehow all the kids and I missed him, even though I passed the house at least a dozen times during the week+ he was gone..

The kids at the house were planning on keeping him, and were very upset when I came to get him that afternoon. I offered them some money for the food he ate and for the cost of the ad, but they refused.

You never know, you may get lucky too...

Members online

No members online now.