So today I got tested and....

Juicy

I'M HIV......

NEGATIVE!!! :D The clinic was soooo much fun, all the doctors were gay and that form application was sooo funny! Sex was male, female, female->male, male->female....and for status, I had a hard time choosing between was a girlfriend or did I have a boyfriend? LOL, because girlfriend and boyfriend were choices. But yeah feels soooo good to know!! :D The doctors made me feel so comfortable and I never had so much fun going to a clinic before, makes me want to get tested again and again lol.

Juicy

When I told my boyfriend I was like, I failed my test!!!....lol gave him a scare, but I'm like yeah NEGATIVE RESULTS BABY! LOL......But before I went to the clinic he told me he'll love me whatever the results were, he just wanted me to get tested for my health, so if I did have something it can be treated now and not have it progressively get worst to where I find out and by the time its too late to do anything about it.

T

tessa_s212

The ladies at our local clinic (combined with the pregnancy center at the same building) are very nice too. I'm so glad that people that need to get tested have those ladies. I didn't need tested, but I did go in one time during the STD testing hours to drop off a picture of Mason on our way home from the hospital and met a few of the STD testing volunteers. They're great. :)

Being married does significantly lower the risk and your risk is low enough that you don't have a reason to be tested but you can NEVER fully trust anyone but yourself. No one is above getting an STD test. Not saying you need one or that you shouldn't trust your husband. I am just saying you never know what the future holds. Nothing is to say that you won't find yourself in getting tested someday for some reason.

When I told my boyfriend I was like, I failed my test!!!....lol gave him a scare, but I'm like yeah NEGATIVE RESULTS BABY! LOL......But before I went to the clinic he told me he'll love me whatever the results were, he just wanted me to get tested for my health, so if I did have something it can be treated now and not have it progressively get worst to where I find out and by the time its too late to do anything about it.
Why were ya'll getting tested? Did ya'll just start dating or you just thought it's be a good idea?

I'M HIV......

NEGATIVE!!! :D The clinic was soooo much fun, all the doctors were gay and that form application was sooo funny! Sex was male, female, female->male, male->female....and for status, I had a hard time choosing between was a girlfriend or did I have a boyfriend? LOL, because girlfriend and boyfriend were choices. But yeah feels soooo good to know!! :D The doctors made me feel so comfortable and I never had so much fun going to a clinic before, makes me want to get tested again and again lol.
This made me laugh. I mean we KNEW the results after seeing the whole "..." thing. As if you would come and post a big suspenseful thread if you were positive. lol. I can see it now:

" I'm HIV.........................................

POSITIVE! Haha, sucker. I bet you thought it was gonna say Negative. Well, you were dead wrong, Buddy"

Juicy

Why were ya'll getting tested? Did ya'll just start dating or you just thought it's be a good idea?
Well we both were sexually active before we met each other, so why not get tested before we got sexually involved? Its my first time getting tested, not him though, but I feel good knowing even though I tried to be as safe as I could, you never know there might be that slight risk. Not to mention both of us have tattoos, that also runs a risk of contracting something even though the place used new needles, you never know for sure.

Even if I wasn't dating him, I always wanted to do it just to know for myself. I was going to do it a couple of months back, but plans got changed and I couldn't go to the free-testing event that day, but I'm glad he knew of a free clinic.

Juicy

This made me laugh. I mean we KNEW the results after seeing the whole "..." thing. As if you would come and post a big suspenseful thread if you were positive. lol. I can see it now:

" I'm HIV.........................................

POSITIVE! Haha, sucker. I bet you thought it was gonna say Negative. Well, you were dead wrong, Buddy"
LOL...well I could of!....I was just so happy at that clinic, I probably would of been happy of either result, because the doctors would of still gave me hope and not feel bad not to mention I still would of had my boyfriend's support 100%.

I know what you're saying, but I wouldn't have married my husband if I didn't fully trust him in this department.
I know. I trust my husband not to cheat as much as I trust the ground not to open up and swallow me, as much as I trust the sun to come up tomorrow but I also know NOTHING is impossible. I never thought I would ever have an affair but I did. I can tell you w/ absolute certainty, though, that I would never do that again. EVER. Nothing is worth going through that. If I wasnt happy I would get a divorce long before I would ever even think of cheating again.

On my honeymoon I never thought I would be at the health department getting tested for STD's someday, until I was. but I know that was my own d@mn fault and that there are good, honest people who wouldn't do what I did but there are also people who think, as I did, that they would never cheat in a million years, until they do.

Juicy

I know what you're saying, but I wouldn't have married my husband if I didn't fully trust him in this department.
I understand that I knew of a married couple that still got tested every 6 months, and I thought there were trust issues involved but she's in the medical field, so I can image the risk could run of her getting poked by an infected needle or something.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
just want to make sure everyone knows... HIV doesnt' always present itself right away in blood tests... so while you may be ina relationship for a year or two... you should still get tested because it can take time to show up

Juicy

just want to make sure everyone knows... HIV doesnt' always present itself right away in blood tests... so while you may be ina relationship for a year or two... you should still get tested because it can take time to show up
If you were exposed to HIV it can take up to three months (known as the 'window period') before any HIV test can detect the presence of the virus. And I had been celibate for quite some time now!

The test I took is highly reliable and has an accurancy of 99.6%

I'm pretty sure there's no faulty in the test, but nothing wrong with getting tested again just in case.

ACooper

I trust my husband one million billion trillion percent. I would probably cheat before he ever would.........and I've never cheated on a boyfriend in my life, so I doubt I'd start cheating on a husband I love so dearly, LOL

That said, I have been tested for HIV TWICE! Once when Kevin and I signed up for life insurance...........we were both tested and found negative. And then again when I was pregnant with my youngest son, they offered the test and I figured, eh, what the heck :)........oh, it was negative too by the way, LOL

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
i have been tested three times , once with all my preganacies . The first pregnancy i was seen through a free clinic and it was standard for every new patient.
The other two pregnancies i went to a private doctor and he tested for everything each time.

Members online

No members online now.