Scottie dog lover

MARY JANE

I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE mY MYSELF/AND TELL YOU A LITTLE ABOUT MARY JANE AND HER SCOTTIE COREY .hE IS A WHITE AND WHEATEN COLOR.COREY IS MY FOURTH SCOTTIE DOG .THE OTHER 3 WERE BLACK.NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE A WHITE ONE ,UNTIL WE WENT TO PICK UP MY NEW BABY.THERE HE WAS HIS LITTLE WHITE HEAD IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS BLACK BROTHERS AND SISTERS.i COULDN'T RESIST HIM.HE IS A GOOD DOG .BUT HE LIKES TO EAT GRASS.THEN IT WONT GO DOWN HE CANT SLEEP AND KEEPS SWALLOWING TRYING TO GET IT DOWN.HIS HEAD THROWN BACK AND ITS LIKE GULPING.AFTER IT GOES DOWN HE IS OK AND SLEEPS.DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW I CAN STOP HIM. THANK YOU

Hi there, Mary Jane,

I've always thought the little Scotties were just the most appealing little terriers!

I've also got no idea how to get a dog to stop eating grass. It could be a deficiency in his diet, or even something in his diet that isn't setting well on his stomach. You might try switching him to an organic food that includes vegetable ingredients. I've noticed that mine very seldom eat grass now that they eat the Innova. I hadn't really thought about it before, but I can't remember the last time I saw one of them eating grass now. You might also try a good, natural vitamin supplement.

Be sure to post lots of photos of your little Corey!

Renee

MARY JANE

Scottie ddog lover

Hi Renee, Thank you for advice.I think i will follow up on it.Corey goes to Vet next week for his shots and i will see if they carry organic food.I see you have a German Shepard.The are beauitful dogs.My neice has a white one and she want to breed him and hope there is a white one for her.He is 12 and not feeling very well. Thank you for the nice response to my question. Mary Jane

Your vet may not be able to point you to an organic dog food. I hope your vet is different than most, though, as they usually push Eukanuba and Science Diet - which are most emphatically NOT ORGANIC.

I had to do some research on the web to find out which foods were really organic. Try going to www.naturapet.com. There is a protocol there that lets you compare different foods and the ingredients. The site will also help you find outlets in your area that carry organic foods. Chazhound uses a very high quality organic food called Flint River. I feed another called Innova. There are several others, California Natural, Karma; you'd be surprised at how many are available. They aren't any more expensive than Eukanuba or Science Diet or any of the standard quality(?) foods, either, and you'll find you feed less because your dog will be getting more nutrition from the food. (There will also be less waste moving through your dog!)

Staff online

Members online