And I caught another one!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Sorry for all the bat threads. I just caught another one earlier today. I was going to watch the OC and was looking around for the box set. I noticed a bat lying underneath the movies and thought it was dead. I ran into my roommate's room and stole one of her shoeboxes. I look back and see that the bat is gone so I say, "Oh did you move him already?" She says, "ummm no... oh crap... he's gone"

We searched around and I found him again...

I grabbed a towel and picked him up. The poor thing was so scared. I stroked the side of his face and his ears and he ended up falling back to sleep. I out him in the shoebox with some cloth to lay in and convinced my roommate to go with me to take him to the bat rescue. He's not a little little pup but he's definitely under a year old still.

There's still another one here and its only a matter of time before he comes out of hiding. I'm waiting for him so I can attempt to try and catch him.

Talked to the landlord and she's going to call the homeowner's association tomorrow morning to complain about the bats. I told her they absolutely BETTER be out by the end of the week...

bubbatd

Bats are great !! But outside doing their thing !!!!Why are they in when there are so many bugs to eat outside !!! Lazy little buggers !

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
lol. Most of them are babies and juveniles... I think they got stranded in their roost when the pest control came in and tubed the roost to get the bats out. All the adults flew out but couldn't get back in leaving the young ones to try and fend for themselves. They're coming into my place through the walls and vents is what it seems.

I tried to get one of them out last night by turning all the lights on and opening the back door all the way so he could fly towards the darkness... didn't work though...

I think they're just lost and don't know where to go or how to find their way outside. The ones we keep finding are so young... although there is one really good sized one that we saw last night. He's the one I'm trying to catch right now... I'm just waiting for him to come out from under the fridge. This one is an adult so I probably wont send him to the rescue... the rest of the colony should have relocated somewhere not too far off so I'll probably just release this older one if I can get ahold of him.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i realy hope you can get this sorted.
your very right, this years pups are still going to be unskilled, some only a month or so old at this point and there simply lost...

good luck with the big guy. it seems like Bam is interested, try leashing him during the day and let him try and sniff it out if your having troubles finding him...
if hes under the fridge hes gonna be hard especially since theres usually a small insect population under the refridgerator...the good news is...any spiders and other bugs living round there have likley already been eaten by batty man! lol

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Have you read the story of the White Lady? It is about an albino bat that was found by this man. I will see if i can find it.
I am totally fascinated by your bat threads. I am weird and sculpt bats and no one understands me but i am surprised that some people have actually wanted them. I envy you. I would LOVE to study one up close like that. lucky you..unlucky bats. IT just isn't fair that it boils down to babies that get the worst of everything.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Smkie, they're really neat to look at up close. So much detail... especially in their face in my opinion. Their entire structure... is so unique.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I will see if i can make you a bat baby:) One i had that i rakued came out like a silver bat, the smoke darkening the fur underneath and the folds of the ears. It was too cool and i didn't want to let it go but i had to. A friend artist has it in her gallery now. SHe scolded me for not signing it, so many times i forget.

borzoimom

Couch Pototoe City
That rescue said they would take bats you caught.. Call them please for help.. Meanwhile- we are here for you.. ( looks around the room for bats...) :D

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
ya that rescue took the bat that I caught yesterday Borzoimom. That's how I know he was a male... they sexed him almost as soon as I handed him to them. I have them on speed dial in case I catch anymore pups or Juveniles.

noludoru

Bored Now.
PFFFFT you're just trying to butter me up. I know you think I'm a bad friend. :p

Smkie.... Amber took sooo many bat pictures.. I bet you could make an awesome bat from them! Maybe even a bat series. You could advertise them as going with the book "Stella Luna"

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
hehehe... I just wish most of the bat pictures came out clearer... Cristy actually took a bunch of them too since I was holding the bat for a little while. But ya... Smkie... I can share with you all the pics I have... though nothing will ever be as sufficient as examing a live bat up close.

Mach1girl

Last spring I had a bat in my shower. I came downstairs and reached in to turn the water on. I went to brush my teeth and there was webs knocked down from above on the sink-though it was strange but continued-then I went to get in the shower and there he was swiiming around in the water!

I screamed, grabbed my hair supplies and sealed off the bathroom!

Members online

No members online now.