Gotta hand it to apple

scob89

DILLIGAF?
I was reading older threads last week and came across one that I can't even remember what it was about anymore, but Renee said something about a Safari internet browser. I looked it up on good old google yesterday, downloaded it and got around to installing it today.

All I have to say is wow, I did not know IE6 was slow. Safari take a little while to get used to but after figuring out where the bookmarks go, It was pretty easy. I don't care for something on it, but there are things I don't care for on IE6 as well.

Thanks Renee. lol

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
Ya know there's an IE 9 now? Not that I condone the use of IE (may lead to herpes) but...

I know you hash together computers sometimes but I can't think that IE 9 would require that many system resources. Or Safari. Or Firefox.

scob89

DILLIGAF?
I never upgraded to IE7 or any above due to IE7 sucking major a$$. Firefox just suck big time for me. I get more popups and spam with firefox than anything else, it not even worth my time to try again.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
my computer guy would flip a lid if i used foxfire..he flips a lid on a lot of stuff but he keeps me up and running so i do what he says.

Dekka

Just try me..
Fire fox is my preferred one. Most people I know (comuter geeks who aren't using Ubuntu or other linux type stuff) use it. BUT I had a major virus issue and finally found an aggressive enough program to remove it (others found it but wouldn't touch it). Unfortunately it has done something to my puter and firefox and a few other things won't run. Even when reinstalled.

I am currently using Safari and its good.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THat is exactly why my computer guy says no..it is virus laden. HE will not work on my computer if i use it.

Dekka

Just try me..
Umm its just a browser, its not virus laden. I got the virus trying to down load something from a questionable site (its a risk I know... and at the time I was using safari.. go figure)

Viruses are written to target popular operating systems and programs. THat is why linux is so safe, macs are now less safe than they were due to rising popularity. Most computer geeks I know prefer firefox if you are on a windows platform. But as firefox is rapidly becoming more and more popular (heck it was on all the computers at the University...) there will be more viruses that target it. Though I doubt it will ever get as bad as IE. (too many people out there who just hate microsoft)

Glad it's workin' for ya, Scob.

I LOATHE Firefox on any computer. The only thing I can say about it is that it's marginally better than IE. Even that old HP at the store runs much better on Safari than anything else. There are some real high-powered geeks on the Mercedeslist and I've learned to try out anything they recommend.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I only do what this man says. No foxfire, or msn or a half a zillion other things. But with greatest regards i have never had such a fine working system without problems i do not get viruses or have any ad or pop-up problems. He is a very strange man but he is a computer wiz.

Dekka

Just try me..
lol
It might be safer.. but I would never give up MSN. Its part of the reason I have a computer. Actually its the main thing I use my puter for (and I have never gotten a virus from using it)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i have 0 patience for msn, it takes too long and i got way to much to do to sit around like that. SO it is little loss for me. CHazhound and e-mail is more my speed. I do miss some of the msn games, i liked being able to talk to whom i was playing checkers with, a lot was crap but there were some really good players on there, you would be surprised at the people that are checker addicts. But oh well, i can play the "safe" game sighs.

The computer guy i have is ultra paranoid, i swear. BUt his price is right, and he is really good. I could never afford some of the others i priced so i do what he says. A year later still no problems. STill fast, still efficient.

Dekka

Just try me..
I don't play on any games. I just chat to friends who are now around the world/country. Email is too slow for me. I like to talk 'in real time' but find calling Germany/netherlands/england/israel/ireland/etc is too costly.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
I have Safari and Firefox, but I MUCH prefer Firefox. I'll never go back to Safari. ;)

...and Internet Explorer? Don't even ask. :lol-sign:

jammer

High Maintenance
Safari is the greatest browser I've come across. It's always quick and responsive. However, Firefox is a very close second for me. I've never had any issues with it and it's a lot faster than IE anything. I hate IE now, I always seem to pick up some new virus when I open it.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have Firefox and Safari. I use Safari about 99.9% of the time. I-dog hates safari tho which is the main reason I don't post there too much anymore. Other than that, Safari is the best!

Nechochwen

profundus tergum
I've never known anyone to have any sort of issues with Firefox. I love it. I've tried out opera and chrome, but Firefox is more my style. I couldn't live without the flash-block extension. Not to mention the classic compact skin.

S

Squishy22

I've been using firefox for a few years. I love it. My ex, who is a computer geek, got me into it.

Members online