America's Greatest Dog

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I am watching the season finale.
I am glad Andrew and the boxer is in it.
I hope Andrew wins. He is so bonded with his mommy, and I LOVE that.

We will see who wins. :)

bnwalker2

My house is a zoo
I'm watching it too, I can't wait to see who wins! I can't decide who my favorite is, but it's between Andrew and Presley.

maple

Queen of the Jungle
its funny, the judges don't seem to like the fact that he is soooo bonded with his mama

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Very true Maple.

I dislike that lady judge without the dog. Seriously lady... *sigh*

bnwalker2

My house is a zoo
I was VERY surprised, I really though Andrew would win. But I'm thrilled for Presley, he's an awesome dog!

maple

Queen of the Jungle
Very true Maple.

I dislike that lady judge without the dog. Seriously lady... *sigh*
she had that little white pooch, right?? she was annoying!

i was scared for little andrew when he went under that elephant, he looked like he was going to get stepped on!

I'm glad Presley won too....but the cynical side of me wonders if there are boxer rescues gearing up for an influx of pups in the coming months :rolleyes:

bubbatd

I'm glad that Presley won .... awesome for a Boxer that age !!! But Andrew sure proved that Maltese CAN be trained !!! Hope my neighbor saw the show !

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Well I don't think it really mattered what dog won if we are thinking about what kind of dog shelters will get an influx of. If andrew won they would get an influx of maltese.

I am so glad presley won... I think he showed the most potential... he will be the easiest to mold to what they want the greatest American Dog to be.

Galaxy was a good and talented dog but JD proved to be a sore loser and SORRY but there just isn't room for that with the Greatest American Dog.... things aren't always going to go his way and Galaxy isn't always going to be perfect. If he can't deal with criticism then he is just not the right owner for the Greatest american dog

A

Angel Chicken

I'm so glad Presley one it. If it was any dog that deserved it, it was him.

Andrew was just a little too bonded, borderline SA.

bubbatd

I did like Andew's owner though . Nice lady who loves her Andrew . That was some trophy and the prize money was great !! He'll get a lot of PR. Hope people realize that Presley isn't the average boxer !!!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I am so glad Presley won!!
I'm usually disappointed with how reality shows turn out lol.

I mean really--yeah, he's still a puppy, but I see that as a positive. He's a fantastic dog already and will only get better as he matures.

Am I the only one who found it hilarious every time they focused on Brandy bawling? I think she wishes she could be Travis's dog :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
I was so happy that Presley won! I fell in love with him in the beginning. I was so impressed with him when Victoria Stillwell (judge/trainer) taught Presley to leave it. Way to go!

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I'm so glad Presley one it. If it was any dog that deserved it, it was him.

Andrew was just a little too bonded, borderline SA.
I do not agree with this. SA is where the dog freaks out when you leave, chews up your house, craps everywhere, etc. Andrew was just being what he was bred to be, a COMPANION dog. Unlike other breeds in the show who's original purpose was some sort of work, malteses were bred to sit on the laps of royalty. If Daisy had been there, she would have stood at the door and waited until I got back, besides trying to follow me when I left. But she is NOT SA, she does just fine when I leave for work, etc.

How many Chaz dogs wouldn't act like Andrew?

I have to admit, I wasn't fond of this show, I only saw the finale because my mom was watching it. The challenges were stupid (elephants? ziplines? What were they aiming for here?) and that judge with the little white dog annoyed the crap out of me.

bubbatd

Wonder if they'll do a repeat .. would be a riot if they had " America's Greatest Cat " !

iluvdogs

I was also glad that Presley won !!

I really thought they were going to pick Andrew though..lol

A

Angel Chicken

I do not agree with this. SA is where the dog freaks out when you leave, chews up your house, craps everywhere, etc. Andrew was just being what he was bred to be, a COMPANION dog. Unlike other breeds in the show who's original purpose was some sort of work, malteses were bred to sit on the laps of royalty. If Daisy had been there, she would have stood at the door and waited until I got back, besides trying to follow me when I left. But she is NOT SA, she does just fine when I leave for work, etc.

How many Chaz dogs wouldn't act like Andrew?

I have to admit, I wasn't fond of this show, I only saw the finale because my mom was watching it. The challenges were stupid (elephants? ziplines? What were they aiming for here?) and that judge with the little white dog annoyed the crap out of me.
I know what Malteses were bred for, and am full aware. I am also sure that there are dogs that act like that on Chaz. Hell, my dog is glued to me 24-7! Just a little too attached to his mommy, is all.

Not trying to down Malteses, Andrew was absolutely AMAZING, and made me smile when he showed up those big dogs. Finally, someone can see how small dog CAN do something other than be held all the time. Made me awfully proud.

I agree about the challenges being uber dumb. The zipline thing made me go "Woah, are they idiots? How does THAT have to do with loyalty?"

Members online