Which shots do dogs need yearly?

chowX

I have a 1 year old chow mix, had her since she was a puppy, and back then she got lots of shots. One of them had to be taken 3 times every 3 weeks. She also had spay 2 months ago. So do I need to take her to vet to get any shots? I've read this website where a veterinian student explains that it's not necessary nor good to get dog vaccinnated every year.

http://doglady1.tripod.com/scribe/id5.html

Tell me if that site is true or not. If it's false, then can you tell me which shots a dog needs to get yearly?

Thanks

My three dogs get all the shots that are required here, the biggest being rabies. However, our vet tests too see if they really need the shot(s). If they don't, she doesn't give it.

showpug

There are so many conflicting views on vaccinations now days, but generally speaking, dogs recieve a set when they are puppies and then once a year after that i.e. dhlppcv and bordetella. The first rabies vaccine is good for one year. Some states require a rabies booster every year and other states require it every 3 years. Vaccines are still labeled for yearly use, but again, this brings up so much conroversy now days. If you are not for sure, you can always just follow your vets recommendations. :) If you call them, they will tell you when your dog is due next and what he/she needs!

bubbatd

A good vet clinic should send you notices as to what and when things age due. Call yours and get an up date.

Members online

No members online now.