All in a week

becca_4321

My 2nd grandchild was born this past week. Pretty little girl. I kept my other grandchild while her mom was in the hosp. Poor little thing has been getting sick and so of course I got sick too. Mine was enough that I gave up smoking. Its been almost a week now, I'm still in a daze, I walk around in a fog. So I've been taking Princess on extra walks, didnt realize we have been taking so many walks until this morning I woke up with such sore muscles in my legs. Sometimes the fog is thicker than others, thats usually when I go take a walk with Princess. And now would be a great time to walk again.

Poor Becca! But you're accomplishing something great - and it's a surpassingly difficult thing to do, from what I've seen and been told! Log on and rant, rave or ramble as you need to - we'll all support you!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
GRandchild congratulations!!!!!!! :)
So sorry for you and bab getting ill :(
HOOOOORRRRAAAAYYYYYYY for no more nasty cigarettes!!!!!
More than a decade for me..i just watch those prices go up and am so glad not to have that monkey on my back! :D

becca_4321

I quit smoking once before when my kids were very small. But then they became teenagers! I became so flustered I decided I'm either going to take up the heavy drinking or I'm going to smoke, I decided to smoke. Get me thru their teen years. But its a very expensive habit, and not a easy one to break. But doing pretty good so far. Plus dont want my pretty little grandbabies to grow up seeing me smoke.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I know exactly how you are feeling!! I gave up smoking on the 2nd of January and haven't had one since!! It's tough when you first give up but it does get easier!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Jmy SO Jim died of lung cancer..and so did my dog (tho he didn't smoke and wasn't around it either) but Jim's was attributed directly to his smoking for 20 years.....so HHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY you quit..this time i bet you stay that way. Jim's death was not a pleasant one, tho he was very very brave and didn't hardly complain...he was not in pain, but soooo tired he said he woke up only to go back to sleep and everything was just too hard.
HHHHHOOOOOORRRRRRRRRAAAAAAYYYYYYYY for Gustaav's mommy too!
That is two friends i know that will not suffer from the evil tabacco. Aaron's friends do ..tho i make them go outside and don't care if it is cold..figure that is one less going to their lungs. David breathes like an old man with emph.
In my cna training they said emphasyma (sp?) I don't have time to look up the right spelling but i think you know what i mean...feels like if you breath out hard..get all the air out of your lungs..push out even more..then count to 10..take a baby breath..and that is all you get. I don't want to have it that is for sure. When Jim did his chemo treatments there are several chairs all in a row..i think about 8..and everyone of those people were smokers..one a race car driver had to take his iv out with him to smoke during the treatments..it was that sad. Jim had to sit there for many hours so i always packed him a goodie bag..not with food but with things and books i thought might interest him. I was so good to the nurses and docs..so brave about the whole thing it makes me cry to think about it so i will stop here..you get my drift i am sure.

Members online

No members online now.