Off topic - Grim story...

bonster

Disappointed :(
I've just seen on the BBC (UK news) website that police in Malaysia are hunting for members of a violent gang who cut off a car owner's finger to get round the vehicle's hi-tech security system - the Mercedes S-class was protected by a fingerprint recognition system.

How grim and awful! There's a big deal being made in the UK (where I am now) at the moment about "identity theft" (credit cards and such)... I hope it never happens to me but if I do ever get my identity stolen I hope it is by paper or electronics, not by part of me being physically taken :eek:

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
My dad's credit card was cloned last week! Luckily the bank spotted it right away before too much damage was done, and luckily he had fraud protection on his card other wise it could have been costly!!
And cutting off a finger is just awful, just for the sake of a car!! Where will it all end?!!

joce

when I heard that was a thing they were developing the first thing I thought of was someone getting there fingers cut of. I've heard of it happening for security systems in buildings too. People are sick.

Members online

No members online now.